[pulseaudio-discuss] Headset-detection

Himanshu Chug himanshu.chug at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 00:24:26 PDT 2011

Thanks Colin and Spidey for making this clarification.

So regarding JACK detection and routing:

1. module-udev-detect currently can detect JACK physical hot-plugging but it
can't decode the information about what type of JACK device ( input or
output ) is connected to the sound-card, and for that one need to write an
JACK detection module to handle that.
is my understanding correct ?

2 Currently our Kernel/ALSA team support for providing seperate kcontrol
(amixer scripts) for enabling/disabling loudspeaker and headset to PA, so it
might be an good idea to handle Jack detection and routing in one of the
existing module or write up an new jack detection module for this, as Colin
suggested, provided that we are able to recognize Jack device type
(input/mic or output/headset or both)  from point 1, ( i will take further
help from kernel team here about detecting jack device type, but any
suggestions are welcome :-) )

BR\\
Himanshu