[pulseaudio-discuss] Getting error in running paplay binary

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jul 21 01:18:51 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and chinmaya hoshing at 21/07/11 05:43 did gyre and gimble:
>>>Can you give us some details so we can help. Thinks like the version of
>>>libsndfile you have and the version of PA you are using.
>
>>>I can play this happily here (and I suspect we'll have the same test
>>>file!) so I'm pointing the finger at libsndfile until further notice :D
>
> The version for pulseaudio is 0.9.22 and libsndfile is 1.0.23 .

I'd try upgrading your libsndfile to 1.0.25 first and see if that helps.
I don't think (of the top of my head) there would be any specific fixes
for this issue in PA 0.9.23 as I've not come across it before.

Let us know if this works.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]