[pulseaudio-discuss] unable to play very small beep (.wav) sounds

Himanshu Chug himanshu.chug at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 07:22:15 PDT 2011

Hi

I am trying to play very short beep (.wav) few milliseconds file, the
behavior is inconsistent while I am trying to play with gst-launch sometimes
the it plays fine and other times it wont.
Also I can see excessive rewind requests ,   "D: protocol-native.c:
Requesting rewind due to rewrite." (logs attached)

I am using PA 0.9.21 , I suspect this as an ALSA bug and rewinds should work
as the same use-case was working for me before, but I dont find anyway to
prove this to Alsa ppl (may be I am worng?? )
with aplay we are able to playback the same beep file constantly.  any
idea/pointers can be helpful ?

Best Regards,
Himanshu