[pulseaudio-discuss] dynamic routing through pulse audio

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Jun 2 12:28:52 PDT 2011

On 11-06-01 04:33 AM, Colin Guthrie wrote:

> It more or less does as Amanda suggests. It corks/pauses the music
> streams when a phone stream is active on the same sink.

Ahhh.  But can one cork a "music" app. when a "phone" app opens a
different sink?  The use-case here is that while I use my bluetooth
headset for phone calls, I still want to cork the music player on my
speakers.

To make it even more interesting, the bluetooth headset is paired to a
different machine, to which I do have network access to the sinks and
sources though so there is "visibility" of the PA where the headset is
from the PA that is playing the music.

> In order to "cork" the application must handle cork requests from PA
> (thus allowing the app to properly pause itself).

It seems Rhythmbox is not one of these applications sadly.

> Just in case the app
> does not handle the cork, PA will mute the stream also.

Yes, that seems to work.

> HTHs

Very much, as always Colin,
Thanx!