[pulseaudio-discuss] dynamic routing through pulse audio

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jun 2 15:34:22 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Brian J. Murrell at 02/06/11 21:28 did gyre and gimble:
> On 11-06-01 04:33 AM, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>>
>> It more or less does as Amanda suggests. It corks/pauses the music
>> streams when a phone stream is active on the same sink.
>
> Ahhh.  But can one cork a "music" app. when a "phone" app opens a
> different sink?  The use-case here is that while I use my bluetooth
> headset for phone calls, I still want to cork the music player on my
> speakers.
>
> To make it even more interesting, the bluetooth headset is paired to a
> different machine, to which I do have network access to the sinks and
> sources though so there is "visibility" of the PA where the headset is
> from the PA that is playing the music.

At present no, but again, I'd be happy to make this an option to how the
module is loaded.

>> In order to "cork" the application must handle cork requests from PA
>> (thus allowing the app to properly pause itself).
>
> It seems Rhythmbox is not one of these applications sadly.

Well gstreamer technically and it doesn't handle cork requests, but I'm
actually discussing just this with some folks at the moment :D

>> Just in case the app
>> does not handle the cork, PA will mute the stream also.
>
> Yes, that seems to work.

:)

> Very much, as always Colin,

You are welcome as always!