[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] Daily builds of Pulseaudio git master available for Ubuntu 11.04 and 11.10

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Jun 23 19:07:18 PDT 2011

To make testing of the upcoming version of Pulseaudio easier, there is
now a PPA with daily builds of git master available at
ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/pulse-testing, or
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/+archive/pulse-testing

So if you're running Ubuntu Natty or Oneiric, you can do this to install
the new modules:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/pulse-testing
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

And to revert back to what's standard in Ubuntu:

sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/pulse-testing

You should be able to switch back and forth like this if it weren't for
bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/801133 .

I've done my best to keep integration (such as routing alsa:default
through pulse etc) but remove all other Ubuntu specific patches. E g,
flat volumes is not turned off in this version. Let me know if I missed
something.

I'm running it here now and it seems to be working fine, although I
haven't done more than just some random audio playback.

Oh and btw, depending on timing, the steps involved, and the varying
workload on Launchpad's servers, expect it to lag up to a day or two
behind. At least every now and then.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic