[pulseaudio-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] Gentoo live ebuild

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 10:12:10 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 04:07 +0200, David Henningsson wrote:
> To make testing of the upcoming version of Pulseaudio easier, there is
> now a PPA with daily builds of git master available at
> ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/pulse-testing, or
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/+archive/pulse-testing

Nice work, David!

Which reminds me -- for the millions of Gentoo users out there ;),
there's also a pulseaudio-9999 ebuild in the portage tree. You need to
add it to your package.keywords in the usual way to get a live ebuild
(current git master at whatever time you emerge it). I've been using it
for several months now, and it's worked well for me.

Cheers,
Arun

p.s.: Also, as usual for live ebuilds, you need to do a manual update to
get a newer snapshot, and you need to remove the package.keywords entry
when the release happens to stop using the from-git version. :)