[pulseaudio-discuss] RFC: realtime prio for null and tunnel sinks? (Was Re: Why only selected modules try to acquire realtime priority?)

marcin at saepia.net marcin at saepia.net
Fri Jun 24 13:34:46 PDT 2011

Hi,

I can send more detailed information if that solves my issue in 1-2
weeks. Now I am in a place where I can use only weak GPRS connection
so let's say, the access to my server with PA is limited by my
patience ;)

The other problem is that that drops appear accidentaly so it takes a
long time to debug. I am not sure if it's the RT case, it's just my
guess after digging in the PA source code. But I thought its worth
considering. I an not expert on RT programming at all, so maybe my
ideas are just plain wrong.

Currently I've written a small app that just call sched_setscheduler()
on all PA threads (is it correct approach at all?), and I will check
if that drops still exist.

m.