[pulseaudio-discuss] Problems trying to connecf HFP device

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Mar 1 03:26:50 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Franz Glauber at 01/03/11 11:20 did gyre and gimble:

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 8:18 AM, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie
> <mailto:gmane at colin.guthr.ie>> wrote:
>
>     'Twas brillig, and Franz Glauber at 01/03/11 11:16 did gyre and gimble:
>     > Hi Daniel!
>     >
>     > Thanks for the help, but it doesn't seem to be the issue here. What
>     > happens is that whenever I try to open any PA control interface, it
>     > freezes while waiting for some reply from the device and then it fails
>     > with a Timeout or such. That is exactly what happened while trying to
>     > issue those commands:
>     >
>     > $ pactl load-module module-loopback
>     source="alsa_input.pci-0000_00_14.2"
>     > sink="bluez_sink.88_88_00_B9_CC_DD"
>     > <30-second wait>
>     > Connection fail: Timeout (translated this back to english, not sure if
>     > the message is this...
>
>     Are you doing this via an SSH connection? If so, make sure you unset
>     $DISPLAY or use ssh -x
>

> No, it was a normal console (yakuake). Besides, it's the same behavior
> as when I open 'pavueditor' just after connecting the HFP device (some
> wait followed by an error).

Issues such as "where to connect" would affect all PA clients the same
way (as it's something libpulse does), so it's not in the least
surprising that this affects pavueditor (is this a new tool, or do you
mean pavucontrol?) too.

Can you supply:

whoami (should be the same user as pulseaudio daemon - not e.g. root)

ps aux | grep pulse

PULSE_LOG=99 paplay -vvvv
/usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo/dialog-warning.oga (or some .wav
file - it's not really important)

xprop -root | grep -i PULSE
cat ~/.pulse/client.conf /etc/pulse/client.conf | grep default-server
env | grep -i PULSE

The above should help diagnose any connection issues you might be having.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]