[pulseaudio-discuss] Problems trying to connecf HFP device

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Mar 1 07:35:04 PST 2011

[Friendly Request: If possible can you send plain text emails and use
conventional formatting for mailing lists? That makes your mails easier
to read and reply to and saves us upstream people who real loads of such
emails every day some valuable time. Thanks :)]

'Twas brillig, and Franz Glauber at 01/03/11 15:18 did gyre and gimble:
>     Can you supply:
>
>     whoami (should be the same user as pulseaudio daemon - not e.g. root)
>
>     ps aux | grep pulse
>

> Both return my username.

The 2nd one should have returned details of the running PA process...
but that's probably just an oversight on your part :)

>     PULSE_LOG=99 paplay -vvvv
>     /usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo/dialog-warning.oga (or some .wav
>     file - it's not really important)
>

> With the device connected, only get:
>
> Abrindo um fluxo playback com a especificação de amostragem "float32le
> 2ch 44100Hz" e mapeamento de canais "front-left,front-right".
> Using shared memory pool with 1024 slots of size 64,0 KiB each, total
> size is 64,0 MiB, maximum usable slot size is 65472
> Trying to connect to
> /home/franz/.pulse/056d645cad154b3e13840dc900000128-runtime/native...
>
> [big pause here, after which the device fails]
>
> SHM possible: yes
> Protocol version: remote 16, local 16
> Negotiated SHM: yes
> Conexão estabelecida.
> Fluxo criado com sucesso.
> Métricas do buffer: maxlength=4194304, tlength=705600, prebuf=698552,
> minreq=7056
> Usando especificação de amostragem "float32le 2ch 44100Hz", mapa de
> canais "front-left,front-right".
> Conectado ao dispositivo alsa_output.pci-0000_00_14.2.analog-stereo (0,
> not suspended).
> Fluxo iniciado.
> Subestimação do fluxo.
> Fluxo de reprodução drenado. 221073 usec.
> Drenando conexão para o servidor.

I should have also asked you to use LC_ALL=C too so the debug was in
English, but never mind, I think I can work it out.

I'm not sure why there would be such a big pause at the connection
stage. Does the big pause only happen when the BT device is connected?
e.g. if it's not connected, the connection is quick?

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]