[pulseaudio-discuss] [WIP] Passthrough support

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Tue Mar 15 21:04:30 PDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 18:50 -0600, Kelly Anderson wrote:
> On 03/09/11 03:10, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > Based on the RFC I posted earlier, I've implemented basic passthrough
> > support in some usable shape. It's up on the passthrough branch of each
> > of:
> >
> > PulseAudio:
> > http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/arun/pulseaudio.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/passthrough
> > gst-plugins-base:
> > http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/arun/gst-plugins-base.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/passthrough
> > gst-plugins-good:
> > http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/arun/gst-plugins-good.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/passthrough
> >

> Hello,
>
> I'm wanting to clone the passthrough head but I haven't been able to
> figure out which git option I need.  So far All I've been able to get is
> master.
>
> git ls-remote git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/user/arun/pulseaudio.git

After the clone, you need to do a:

 git checkout -b passthrough origin/passthrough

This will create ans switch to a branch called "passthrough" which will
track the remote branch "passthrough" from the tree you cloned
("origin").

You can switch to other branches after this with:

 git checkout <branch>

Cheers,
Arun