[pulseaudio-discuss] [WIP] Passthrough support

Kelly Anderson kelly at silka.with-linux.com
Tue Mar 15 22:13:13 PDT 2011

On 03/15/11 22:04, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 18:50 -0600, Kelly Anderson wrote:
>> On 03/09/11 03:10, Arun Raghavan wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>> Based on the RFC I posted earlier, I've implemented basic passthrough
>>> support in some usable shape. It's up on the passthrough branch of each
>>> of:
>>>
>>> PulseAudio:
>>> http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/arun/pulseaudio.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/passthrough
>>> gst-plugins-base:
>>> http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/arun/gst-plugins-base.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/passthrough
>>> gst-plugins-good:
>>> http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/arun/gst-plugins-good.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/passthrough

Hey Arun,

I've built and installed the passthrough branch.

Isn't changing sample rates supported yet?  So far I can only
passthrough sample rates that match the default-sample-rate in
daemon.conf.  Changeable rates is critical to being able to support for
example dts-hd at 192khz, when standard dts will be 48khz.

I'm using paplay for basic functionality checks.