[pulseaudio-discuss] Current problems with git master

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Mar 24 22:38:41 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 21:30 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> If someone could double check, I'd appreciate it (seeing as I'd rather
> any bugs in my commit last less than a year and a half!!)

Problems found:

The first process: daemon_pipe is not closed if the first fork() call
fails. Even if it doesn't fail, the first process never closes
daemon_pipe[0].

The second process: daemon_pipe[1] is not closed if anything fails
between the first and the second fork() call. Also, if the second fork
fails, then the finish section writes to daemon_pipe2[1], even though
only the third process should do that. Also, if anything fails between
the first and the second fork, then the second process never writes
anything to daemon_pipe[1]. I don't know what happens in the first
process in this case - does it get an error or does pa_loop_read() get
stuck.

The third process: No problems :)