[pulseaudio-discuss] udev detect not working

John Frankish j-frankish at slb.com
Sun Oct 2 04:23:49 PDT 2011

> > > Is there any pulseaudio udev module or udevadm troubleshooting I can
> > try?
> >
> > There may be some udevadm tricks (I'm not an expert), but other than
> > that you could just scatter some more debug statements throughout
> > udev-detect code and try and suss it out.
> >
> Thanks for the suggestion, but scattering debug statements in the udev-
> detect code it a little beyond me (unless somebody suggests what to put
> where).
>
> Does anybody else have any ideas?

Udev is definitely finding the sound hardware:

$ udevadm info -qall -p /sys/class/sound/card0

P: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card0
E: DEVPATH=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card0
E: SUBSYSTEM=sound
E: SOUND_INITIALIZED=1
E: ID_BUS=pci
E: ID_VENDOR_ID=0x8086
E: ID_MODEL_ID=0x27d8
E: ID_PATH=pci-0000:00:1b.0
E: ID_PATH_TAG=pci-0000_00_1b_0
E: SOUND_FORM_FACTOR=internal

I take it the pulseaudo module-udev-detect depends on 78-sound-card.rules - is there some minimum version I can start from to troubleshoot?