[pulseaudio-discuss] Configuring alsa mixers in the "off" profile.

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Fri Oct 7 03:31:51 PDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 10:24:40AM +0300, Matti J. Aaltonen wrote:

> But then I don't get why the radio should be able to say when the
> [analog] "stream" starts and stops (and what do you actually mean by
> that?). Isn't it possible in the above scenario to simply turn on
> the cross wired amp if the analog radio needs it etc. and not the
> other way round?

I'm sorry, I can't parse what you're saying here.  What do you mean by
"the other way around"?  A complete audio path needs both an input and
an output.

> Are there any good examples that some of "us" should look into?

All ASoC drivers do this, it's a really basic part of the framework.
You can see examples of automatic management in the way the DACs and
ADCs are handled, and in the way the jack detection is integrated with
power management.