[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse and audio settings

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Oct 20 02:20:21 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Robert Orzanna at 20/10/11 07:05 did gyre and gimble:
> Of course I can run alsactl restore after pulseaudio had completely
> started. But this is only a workaround since it is obviously not
> indented to overwrite pulse settings.

I think you misunderstand. You should run this *before* PA starts.

You were originally concerned about saving/restoring settings that PA
does not alter or touch at all. This is exactly what alsactl
store/restre handles.

We don't touch any alsa settings that we specifically do not want to set
in PA.

If there is a specific problem in that PA *is* touching, but you reckon
it shouldn't, then please clarify this with some examples (e.g.
amixer/alsa-info.sh output and specific element names).

Cheers

  Trac Hacker http://trac.edgewall.org/