[pulseaudio-discuss] SOLVED: streaming pa with oggenc/sighttpd

Richard Henwood rjhenwood at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 09:26:14 PDT 2011

Hi Folks,

This may seem trivially obvious to some but I wanted to share for any other people like myself who may wish to do this in future:

parec -r | oggenc -r -o - - | ./sighttpd -f ./oggout.conf

The above command streamed the output of my pulseaudio server over the internet in ogg format. I can hear the server with 'ogg123 http://myserver:3000/'. It appears to run pretty stable for tens of minutes (i've had it going for +20 minutes), consuming finite memory and cpu. Latency is a little high (~1.5sec), but on first glance, that is to be expected.

thanks for your help getting to this point!
richard