[pulseaudio-discuss] Latency module-null-sink

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sun Oct 23 01:09:33 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-21 at 21:56 -0300, Fernando Chucre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Fernando Chucre, and I was create a online radio server that use
> IceCast2 to broadcast stream. I use pulseaudio to mix many input stream, and
> I encode the output and send to IceCast. But every new input stream that put
> on null-sink, I just Hear the sound 10 seconds latter.
>
> I saw a email and patch on pulseaudio git that will solve my problem. I
> already compile and use new version, but the problem remains.

What do you mean by "new version"? Is it the current git master version,
or Pulseaudio 1.0 with a single patch applied, or something else? The
"10 second problem" should be solved by this patch:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/commit/?id=cb9ebeffa06ea63415a5f4af349f8c8c921e6673

That patch will reduce the maximum latency from 10 seconds to 2 seconds.

> I put and get stream using pacat --play and --record.

You could try playing with the --latency-msec parameter for the
recording side. If that doesn't do anything, try also using it for the
playback side, but at least in theory the playback latency shouldn't
affect the delay of when the playback audio starts.