[pulseaudio-discuss] Controlling alsa and pulseaudio buffer size?

Raymond Toy rtoy at google.com
Wed Sep 14 14:25:54 PDT 2011

In my application, I'm using alsa to set a particular buffer size.  Alsa
usually complies, but from everything that I can tell, pulse audio is using
some other fragment size.  This other fragment size also seems to be the
time betwen interrupts which my application sees.  This messes up my
application because it wants the interrupts at regular intervals based on
the buffer size I set.

Is there some way to make alsa and pulseaudio agree on the size?

Ray