[pulseaudio-discuss] Can module-echo-cancel reduce the background noise?

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Fri Sep 16 00:39:16 PDT 2011

> > (b) When I do a presentation in a hall (both recording and playing back, and
> maybe multiple speakers), can PA module-echo-cancel reduce the
> echo/feedback?
>
> Do you currently have issues with the echo when recording such live
> events? Really, these recordings should be free of echo if you set
> thing up properly. Again, having the right equipment and installing it
> correctly is key here.

I don't have recording issues but just want to understand module-echo-cancel's capability.
Thank you so much for teaching me a lesson of room acoustics and the solutions :-)

So my last question is whether module-echo-cancel can reduce the background noise during recording? If yes, what colors of noise can it reduce?
There are many colors of noise as wiki says http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colors_of_noise

Thanks
Mengdong