[pulseaudio-discuss] Yet another attempt to fight rewinds

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Sep 19 10:14:00 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 17:49 +0200, David Henningsson wrote:
> +    if (!pa_ratelimit_test(&s->thread_info.rewind_limit, PA_LOG_DEBUG)) {
> +        pa_log_warn("Okay, I'm sick and tired of all this rewinding. I'm going to sleep for %lu ms!",
> +            s->thread_info.rewind_limit.interval / PA_USEC_PER_MSEC);
> +        usleep(s->thread_info.rewind_limit.interval);
> +        pa_log_debug("Waking up.");
> +    }

The patch seems otherwise ok to me, but I'd prefer the log prints to
include the sink name. When a system has e.g. 6 sinks, all of which may
be in active use at the same time, I really don't like the sink.c
messages that don't tell which sink is in question... Also, instead of
just "waking up", maybe it would be useful to have "waking up; not so
sick and tired anymore" or something else that clearly connects the
wakeup message to the preceding warning.