[pulseaudio-discuss] How does pulseaudio find the new default sink/source when current one is unlinked?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Sep 20 05:32:39 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Lin, Mengdong at 20/09/11 12:51 did gyre and gimble:
> When current default sink/source is removed, how can pulseaudio decide a
> new default sink/source if there are other devices available?
>
> Could anyone direct me to that part of code?

It's generally not worth looking at as there isn't really anything useful.

The "default" is only the fallback anyway and the way it works is very
limited.

Depending on how you manage things, the default device has little to no
effect anyway. e.g. if you use module-device-manager with do_routing=1,
the "default" device will really do nothing at all.

See the blog post I pointed to my reply on the other thread.

Also, the code really isn't that hard to read through for this kind of
thing. Asking questions is cool, but asking people to search through the
code for you is probably a step too far... use grep and search the code
for yourself and you'll get a better general understanding as a result.
You can then ask more focused and targeted questions here on the list! :D

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]