[pulseaudio-discuss] Problems getting sinks/sources viewed in pactl/pacmd.

Anders Gnistrup agn at datarespons.dk
Wed Sep 21 00:38:55 PDT 2011

Hi

I got a problem getting the sinks/sources viewed using "pactl list | grep Name", when I plug in a USB-headset/bluetooth headset. It is simple not listed.

This is a dump from "aplay -l".
socket(): Address family not supported by protocol
card 0: mcb [mcb], device 0: PCM1681_STREAM PCM1681-0 []
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: mcb [mcb], device 1: AIC3X tlv320aic3x-hifi-1 []
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: U0x47f0xc001 [USB Device 0x47f:0xc001], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I can do a arecord -D<device> test.sample and play it, so the device is attached to the system and is functional.

My system is a ubuntu arm with no X. dbus is up and running but only for system connectsion (no dbus-session bus is available).
I can use pulseaudio, but only for card 0. This work fine. I have tested my application on a standard PC with a X-session and dbus-session and it works fine.

This is my best gees why is does not work.

# pactl load-module module-udev-detect
socket(): Address family not supported by protocol
Failure: Module initalization failed

To me it seems that it fails to open a connection to the dbus-udev.
Is this correct? And how to I solve this problem. (starting a X-session is NOT an option)

anders