[pulseaudio-discuss] Conception of PulseAudio in public through Debian

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 19:12:36 PDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Roman Beslik <rabeslik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> IMHO this is because PulseAudio is somewhat buggy to go into polished
> distributions. I hardly could use it on Arch Linux, and I am accustomed to
> general Arch Linux's instability. (Arch Linux is bleeding-edge by
> definition.) Distributions jumped to PulseAudio too soon. Also, the
> developers of PulseAudio could split the source code into stable and trunk
> branches.

Instability? I'm not sure which Arch Linux you use, but mine is fine,
with pulseaudio (and without gnome) as well.... Extrapolating a single
user's experiences to a distribution or project is hardly indicative,
and Arch offers you a choice on using pulse or not (Gnome doesn't, but
that's another story).