[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio on pandaboard problem re-visited..

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Sun Apr 29 20:14:50 PDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-29 at 14:31 -0600, Shawn Ferris wrote:
> Hey All --
>
> I could really use a hand to troubleshoot my pulseaudio config again on my
> pandaboard. I was never able to get audio to work through PA, but alsa
> directly works great. I just haven't been able to work on it for the
> last several months due to other priorities, but I figured the time
> away would be good as things start to mature in terms of panda support.
> Unfortunately, despite rebuilding my image (buildroot) from scratch using
> the latest releases, I'm still in the exact same boat.

I think your best bet is to use the pending UCM patches[1], along with
the UCM config from https://gitorious.org/omap-audio/audio-test

[1]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/pulseaudio-discuss/2012-March/012985.html

I had to tweak the UCM config just a bit for an OMAP4460, but still,
it's much better as a starting point.

Note that once you apply the UCM patches, you'll need to manually load
module-alsa-card with use_ucm=1.

-- Arun