[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio on pandaboard problem re-visited..

Shawn Ferris shawn.ferris at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 09:40:21 PDT 2012

> I think your best bet is to use the pending UCM patches[1], along with
> the UCM config from https://gitorious.org/omap-audio/audio-test
>
> Note that once you apply the UCM patches, you'll need to manually load
> module-alsa-card with use_ucm=1.

Thanks Arun.. I tried some older UCM patches and I didn't have much
success back then, though I think that was more kernel related. I'm
compiling a new root image now, with the patches applied, so well see.
I have two questions though. When you say manually load with
use_ucm=1, I assume you just mean edit the default.pa and add
"load-module module-alsa-card use_ucm=1"? or do I not understand that
correctly? and if that's true, does it's placement within the file
matter? (I'm not to familiar with PA set up)

Also, with these patches, are the pulseaudio-omap rules/4430 static PA
setup still necessary? I assume with UCM things are auto discovered
appropriately now?

And lastly, how likely are these patches to be included in the next release?

Thanks again Arun.. I'll let you know what happens!
Shawn