[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio on pandaboard problem re-visited..

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 13:04:08 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-30 at 10:40 -0600, Shawn Ferris wrote:
> > I think your best bet is to use the pending UCM patches[1], along with
> > the UCM config from https://gitorious.org/omap-audio/audio-test
> >
> > Note that once you apply the UCM patches, you'll need to manually load
> > module-alsa-card with use_ucm=1.
>
> Thanks Arun.. I tried some older UCM patches and I didn't have much
> success back then, though I think that was more kernel related. I'm
> compiling a new root image now, with the patches applied, so well see.
> I have two questions though. When you say manually load with
> use_ucm=1, I assume you just mean edit the default.pa and add
> "load-module module-alsa-card use_ucm=1"? or do I not understand that
> correctly? and if that's true, does it's placement within the file
> matter? (I'm not to familiar with PA set up)

Yep, that's what you need to do. You'll likely want to comment out
module-udev-detect (you'll see some commented lines showing you how to
load module-alsa-sink etc., so putting it around there should be good
enough).

> Also, with these patches, are the pulseaudio-omap rules/4430 static PA
> setup still necessary? I assume with UCM things are auto discovered
> appropriately now?

Yep again.

> And lastly, how likely are these patches to be included in the next release?

Once we get 2.0, I'd like to get these reviewed and merged. I know they
already work, so I'm hoping for it not to take long at all.

-- Arun