[pulseaudio-discuss] How to decrease cpu usage?

Goldy goldy at goldenfish.info
Mon Aug 13 06:49:12 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm using Pulseaudio on a Raspberry Pi to play sound over my local
network and I looking for a way to configure pulseaudio to decrease its
cpu usage.

At this point, on system wide running, pulseaudio uses 34% cpu when it
idles, when music is played, it uses 42%. It's a lot on the 700 mhz
raspberry pi cpu, I'm pretty sure there is a way to decrease it, but
documentation don't talk about this point.

I don't use the raspberry internal sound card, I plugged a little usb
Terratec aureon sound card, it works very well excepted the cpu usage...

Thank you

Christophe