[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC 00/12] bluetooth: Revive MP3 passthrough over A2DP

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Wed Feb 8 12:02:31 PST 2012

> Great work! i'm very interested with the MP3 sink, do you have some
> plan to use Vinod and Pierre's patchset about compress audio data
> APIs? I was writing a DSP driver based on that patchset for Medfield
> platform, i hope pulseaudio could add such dsp sink which accpet all
> compressed formats data the DSP could offload HW decoding

Hi Xingchao,
I think there's a language confusion here. In Bluetooth-speak, the sink
refers to the receive functionality, i.e. you receive compressed data
over A2DP and play it locally. What you described is a sink in the
PulseAudio sense.
Vinod is working on a thin user-space library on top of the kernel API
for compressed data, we should talk on how this could be used from a
PulseAudio environment.
Cheers,
-Pierre