[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC 00/12] bluetooth: Revive MP3 passthrough over A2DP

Wang Xingchao wangxingchao2011 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 18:12:40 PST 2012

在 2012年2月9日 上午4:02,Pierre-Louis Bossart
<pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com> 写道:

>> Great work! i'm very interested with the MP3 sink, do you have some
>> plan to use Vinod and Pierre's patchset about compress audio data
>> APIs? I was writing a DSP driver based on that patchset for Medfield
>> platform, i hope pulseaudio could add such dsp sink which accpet all
>> compressed formats data the DSP could offload HW decoding
>

> Hi Xingchao,
> I think there's a language confusion here. In Bluetooth-speak, the sink
> refers to the receive functionality, i.e. you receive compressed data over
> A2DP and play it locally. What you described is a sink in the PulseAudio
> sense.

Hi Pierre, that's right, i meant a new compress sink which accepts all
compressed formats
data and send to DSP by the new compress APIs.

> Vinod is working on a thin user-space library on top of the kernel API for
> compressed data, we should talk on how this could be used from a PulseAudio
> environment.

i remember you said that in previous mail. :)
So what's your plan to support that in pulseaudio part?
for test purpose only, in kernel layer, i wrote a DSP driver as
backend of the compress Api for medfield, also i wrote some test case
in pulseaudio part, they're all proof of concepts and donot test yet.
Pierre, would you share me some idea on that before i can catch up
with you? :)

Mp3 formats has conflicts during transfer through ALSA, i think it's a
solution if we send MP3 data to the new compress sink in pulseuaido.

--xingchao