[pulseaudio-discuss] What's the relation ship between mapping prio and sink prio

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jan 4 03:35:52 PST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Feng Wei at 04/01/12 10:08 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi,
> In alsa module, I can't find a place to use alsa mapping priority.
> Should it represent sink priority so that we can statically appoint
> default sink when multiple cards/sinks exist?

I think you're basically asking about "port" priorities and "sink"
priorities here?

If so there is no relationship between the two. The priorities here are
used to determine what is selected as default/initial values when no
configuration files exist. That is we will attempt to use the most
obvious settings when the user logs in for the first time.

i.e. we'll use the built-in sound card and not the HDMI on a laptop
(using sink priorities) and we'll use Speaker output and not Headphone
(using port priorities).

If this isn't what you're talking about, then apologies :D

All the best

  Trac Hacker http://trac.edgewall.org/