[pulseaudio-discuss] 3.0 release schedule

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Mon Jul 2 05:00:09 PDT 2012

On 06/29/2012 07:24 PM, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> There is a class of bugs that are so severe that they just have to be
> fixed before the release is made, no matter how long it may take, but
> those are very rare (I can't even think of any real-life examples right
> now).

Certainly. But then it's probably something that hits many, which means
you would probably detect them not too late, and be able to fix them
before the deadline.

> I guess those are the only "real blocker" bugs. Then there's the
> class of "not really a blocker bug, but marked as a blocker anyway"
> bugs.
>
> Outside the freeze periods, I generally keep patch review as the top
> priority of the "maintainer duties",

For my own part, I see fixing bugs as my top thing in general. Or
rather, "what would a normal Ubuntu user want?" which is, quite often,
to have bugs fixed :-) ...and occasionally, new features (e g the jack
detection stuff).

That, or if it has something to do with machines Canonical wants to
certify, that makes it float to the top of my priority list.

> Maybe I'm strange, but I think a moderate amount of regular meetings
> might actually make contributing more fun.

Good :-) I just wanted to make sure I'm not pushing people to somewhere
where they feel bad or bored. It is easy to forget that perspective at
times.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic