[pulseaudio-discuss] 3.0 release schedule

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Tue Jul 3 03:30:54 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 14:00 +0200, David Henningsson wrote:
> On 06/29/2012 07:24 PM, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> > I guess those are the only "real blocker" bugs. Then there's the
> > class of "not really a blocker bug, but marked as a blocker anyway"
> > bugs.
> >
> > Outside the freeze periods, I generally keep patch review as the top
> > priority of the "maintainer duties",
>
> For my own part, I see fixing bugs as my top thing in general. Or
> rather, "what would a normal Ubuntu user want?" which is, quite often,
> to have bugs fixed :-) ...and occasionally, new features (e g the jack
> detection stuff).

My reasoning is that accepting patches and making releases is something
that can only be done by the project maintainers. Anyone can fix bugs,
but that's useless if the fixes aren't accepted to upstream. If the
review process takes very long, then it's not very fun for anyone to
contribute to Pulseaudio, and if the situation gets bad enough, someone
will fork the project.

I don't mean to say that you or anyone else should prioritize their work
in the same way, though. Do what makes most sense for you (and since
you're mostly wearing the Ubuntu hat, Ubuntu's issues are obviously what
you'll concentrate on).