[pulseaudio-discuss] SDP LF vs. CRLF

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sat Jul 21 00:56:02 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 00:41 +0200, Christian K. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently trying to connect PulseAudio with VLC using RTP. The SDP
> sent by VLC is not parsed by PulseAudio, the error is "invalid
> header".
>
> I discovered that PulseAudio seems to expect that the SDP descriptor
> contains just LF i.e. \n line breaks whereas VLC is sending CRLF line
> breaks as it is also specifiied in the RFC [1].
>
> Can somebody confirm this inconsistency?

Yes, src/modules/rtp/sdp.c prints "Failed to parse SDP data: invalid
header." if the SDP data doesn't start with PA_SDP_HEADER, which is
defined as "v=0\n".

There may be assumptions about the line terminator always being "\n" in
pa_sdp_parse() also later in the function, so fixing just that one check
may not be enough.