[pulseaudio-discuss] using pulseaudio to listen to remote computers

Simon Eigeldinger simon.eigeldinger at vol.at
Sun Jul 22 14:15:45 PDT 2012

hi all,

I am simon and i am blind. i have a linux and a windows machine over
here. unfortunately the remote control clients just allow to be graphics
to be transfered so the user can see whats happening on the computer.
as a blind person i often experience the problem of being not able to
use remote control software cause they are not able to transfer the
sound with the vnc or other remote control software.
So i currently wonder if PulseAudio could help there. I know that ubuntu
12.04 uses pulseaudio as its default sound server and now i wonder if i
just ccould listen at this server and play the sounds back which my
software speech plays there.

or does someone have a better solution.

i saw there is a test build of pulseaudio for windows so i wonder if it
would work enough to listen at the linux machine but also listen at the
windows machine too.

Sorry for that thorn appart e-mail. its quite late *smile*.

greetings,
simon

--
Simon Eigeldinger