[pulseaudio-discuss] Module dependencies

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Sun Jul 22 20:16:16 PDT 2012

Hello
Folks using the Rygel module are currently facing the problem of having
to remember to manually add the http module to the auto-loaded list. As
I see it, there are two ways of fixing this:

1. Just try to load the http protocol module in the Rygel module (it'll
fail if it's already loaded)

2. Add a mechanism to specify such dependencies in modules.

The latter is more generic, obviously, but I think this would be
overkill. Does anyone know of cases where such a mechanism would be
required? If not, we should just go with (1) soon.

-- Arun