[pulseaudio-discuss] Using mutiple bluetooth headsets at the same time

Mikel Astiz mikel.astiz.oss at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 06:06:56 PDT 2012

Hi Jess,

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 6:17 AM, Jess Haas <pa at jesshaas.com> wrote:
> I am wanting to stream to multiple bluetooth headsets at the same time
> using the a2dp profile. One headset works great but I can't seem to get
> a second one to work. It does not appear to be a purely pulseaudio
> problem as I can't get it to work using just alsa either but I thought
> someone here might be able to help. Any ideas?

You will need a couple of patches in BlueZ. They have been applied
upstream but no release has been made since then so you will have to
compile the source code yourself. Basically version 4.99 does not
support yet having several media transports of the same Bluetooth
profile.

Once you have this, just make sure the Media API is being used (which
should be the case by default).

Cheers,
Mikel