[pulseaudio-discuss] GSoC Status Report

Ștefan Săftescu stefan.saftescu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 16:13:50 PDT 2012

Hello,

This is my first status report for GSoC, as I started coding a bit late.

I will be sending these (rather short) reports to the mailing list on Sundays
and posting more detailed articles on the blog on Mondays or Tuesdays.

So far I have started coding and I have written a rather simple plugin that
detects when new devices (cards) are plugged in and logs that. This following
week I will be studying the C D-Bus API and I will implement the necessary
interfaces for the Desktop Notifications specification.

I will probably be able to integrate that with the existing module, to provide
notifications whenever a device is detected, at which point I should have
something worth submitting to the mailing list for review.

So far I have been sticking to the time plan and I see no difficulties that
might delay me in the near future.

Ștefan