[pulseaudio-discuss] asoundrc, configure one virtual device for both input and output

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sat Jun 30 01:38:46 PDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-06-30 at 17:04 +0900, Amar Akshat wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Tanu Kaskinen <tanuk at iki.fi> wrote:
> > Is the GUI in a different process than the sip stack? If yes, then the
> > environment variables have to be set by the sip stack. Are you able to
> > alter the sip stack, or are you only doing the GUI part?
> >

> I only handle the GUI part - the sip-stack is a 3rd party software.

You didn't answer my question about the process separation - do you use
the sip stack as a library or is it a separate process?

If it's a separate process, then the cleanest solution would certainly
be to fix the pulse plugin. Would you be interested in doing that? It
shouldn't be hard at all. The code can be seen here:
git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-plugins.git;a=blob;f=pulse/pcm_pulse.c

The "device" parameter is parsed in SND_PCM_PLUGIN_DEFINE_FUNC().
Parsing "sink" and "source" can be done in the same way. The "device"
parameter is used in pulse_prepare(). You would use the "sink" and
"source" in the same place.