[pulseaudio-discuss] Streaming between two WinXP machines

Dave Horoschak dave at horoschak.net
Fri May 11 16:21:34 PDT 2012

It looks like my PulseAudio installation is working despite the couple of
errors I'm getting.  I couldn't find any specific information about
streaming TCP between two Windows machines, so I pieced the following
information together from some other FAQ's...

On the server machine (mic input) I have the following default.pa:

load-module module-native-protocol-tcp listen=0.0.0.0 auth-anonymous=1

load-module module-waveout

client.conf is blank.

On the client machine (audio out) I have the following default.pa:

load-module module-waveout

and client.conf:

default-server = X.X.X.X (the IP of the server machine)

I run pulseaudio on both (with no parameters) and they execute (with the
errors mentioned above), but they don't seem connected.  Am I doing
something wrong or do I need more configuration somewhere?

Thanks.

  - Dave