[pulseaudio-discuss] Adjust volume may cause audio playback corruption

cee1 fykcee1 at gmail.com
Tue May 15 01:30:14 PDT 2012

Witch a patch[1] of PA which dumps playback PCM data, I found the
dumped data(with ./wavformat.py[2] <dumpped_data> to convert to wav
file) is not corrupted.
Since PA uses mmap to transfer PCM data, the driver's DMA buffer
should also be "good".

It seems related to HDA controller of SB710, I tried HDMI output, and
can reproduce the problem
too(http://dev.lemote.com/files/upload/software/PA-apc/HDMI-corrupted_sound.ogg).

----
[1] http://dev.lemote.com/files/upload/software/PA-apc/debug/debug-alsa-sink.patch