[pulseaudio-discuss] How to modify (source) port priorities?

Ronan Jouchet ronan at jouchet.fr
Tue Nov 6 19:51:39 PST 2012

Hello.

I'm using PulseAudio on a laptop, and there's a long-time annoyance I'm
unable to solve with Google's help, could you help me?

In the "Input" tab of my "Sound" GNOME system panel, the "Connector"
keeps being changed from "Microphone" to "Internal Microphone" at each
restart (I'd like the contrary: "Internal Microphone" is awfully noisy,
and "Microphone" works fine). I can see why in pacmd-list-sources:
     {analog-input-microphone-internal: *Internal Microphone* (*priority
8900*, available: unknown)}
     ... versus ...
     {analog-input-microphone: *Microphone* (*priority 8700*, available:
no)}

--> How can I modify the priorities so that "Microphone" gets
automatically a higher priority than "Input Microphone"?
--> Should I just fix that locally with your help, or should I file a bug?

System info: Dell XPS1635, under Ubuntu 12.10 x64 / pulseaudio 2.1.
Thanks for the help.

--
Ronan Jouchet