[pulseaudio-discuss] gnome-shell hangs, waiting for pulse-audio

Stefan P. channelzero at web.de
Mon Nov 19 12:00:18 PST 2012

Hello Henrik,

I found this thread because I suffer the same issue and have also done a
backtrace, with the same result. The freeze happens sometimes if I close the
last window in gnome-shell or on some keyboard shortcuts which should end with a
sound output.

After lots of investigating on the problem, I finally found a solution, maybe
this one helps you too. You mentioned that you build your own distro, so do I. I
found at some point in the buildchain I reverted libffi-3.0.11 to 3.0.10, for
some package that don't build with the new version, so I've two version with
different so-api installed with all gnome packages build with the old one.

Maybe this helps.

Cheers Stefan