[pulseaudio-discuss] How to mix streams?

Vadim Peretokin vperetokin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 00:04:36 PDT 2012

I'd like to mix mic input and output into one stream, to be passed to my
ALSA-based app as one channel so it can record it in sync with video. How
can I do this with PulseAudio?

I tried adding the loopback module and making the input stream of the app
be the monitor of my output - that seemed to have worked at the expense of
me getting the input echoed back to me. However the next time I tried this,
the input echo kept building "lag" - after recording for a few minutes the
echo was 2-3s late and getting slower, so this solution is unacceptable.