[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio conference: Please speak up if you intend to come!

Janos Kovacs jankovac503 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 08:56:21 PDT 2012

Hi everybody,

The artifact is at
http://github.com/otcshare/pulseaudio-module-murphy-ivi (Murphy
comes from the name of the system wide policy engine we are building and ivi
comes from the in-vehicle-infotainment, but you shouldn't be too much concerned
about the naming). The routing principle is the same as we discussed
last November
with some extras. Although it is designed to work together with all
kinds of audio
managers, it should work just fine as standalone routing module.

The directory you should look at is murphy.

We needed to build a new logical model top on the traditional object
(sinks, sink-inputs, sources
etc). From routing perspective we have 'nodes', that are routing
endpoints, and the nodes can be
freely connected as long as the physical limits allow it. In the
logical model we maintain all the
possible routing endpoints in other words all the existing and
potential sinks and sources. When
a routing decisions link the 'nodes' the actual sink/source behind the
logical node are configured
by is setting the necessary profiles, ports etc.

This is really too complex to describe in an email, so I would really
like to present it to you either
f2f or via videoconference. How long slot could I have for it?

br
-janos-