[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio stops to work suddenly

Antonio Trande anto.trande at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 10:25:40 PDT 2012

2012/10/19 Antonio Trande <anto.trande at gmail.com>

>>> There's some other problem then too. The pulseaudio log would be useful.

>>> <snip>

>>> That's not very useful, though. You need to ensure that there's no
>>> daemon running before you try to start pulseaudio in a terminal. Killing
>>> the old daemon instance doesn't necessary help, due to autospawning.
>>> Therefore, do this first to disable autospawning:
>>>
>>>     echo "autospawn = no" >> ~/.pulse/client.conf
>>>

>> Ok. If I start Fedora with  'cat /etc/modprobe.d/dist-alsa.conf > options
>> snd-hda-intel model=auto', sound is present for few seconds. Then, it is no
>> more udible.
>> In attached you can see the 'pulseaudio -vvvv' log (this log doesn't
>> stop, I must do a Ctrl-C)  using the gnome-shell audio settings menu
>> (choose of the sound hardware, sound tests, ...).
>>

>> PS
>> It is very frustrating.
>>

> I forgot ... If I plug an headphone, audio can be heared always.

Resolved with 'options snd-hda-intel model=acer-aspire' on
'/etc/modprobe.d/dist-alsa.conf' file.

Bye.

--
*Antonio Trande
"Fedora Ambassador"*

**mail*: mailto:sagitter at fedoraproject.org <sagitter at fedoraproject.org>
*Homepage*: http://www.fedora-os.org
*Sip Address* : sip:sagitter AT ekiga.net
*Jabber <http://jabber.org/>* :sagitter AT jabber.org
*GPG Key: **D400D6C4*