[pulseaudio-discuss] pulseaudio stops to work suddenly

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 23 01:09:33 PDT 2012

Dear Antonio,

please just send plain text messages and no HTML to lists [1].

Am Montag, den 22.10.2012, 19:25 +0200 schrieb Antonio Trande:
> 2012/10/19 Antonio Trande <anto.trande at gmail.com>

[…]

> >> Ok. If I start Fedora with  'cat /etc/modprobe.d/dist-alsa.conf > options
> >> snd-hda-intel model=auto', sound is present for few seconds. Then, it is no
> >> more udible.
> >> In attached you can see the 'pulseaudio -vvvv' log (this log doesn't
> >> stop, I must do a Ctrl-C)  using the gnome-shell audio settings menu
> >> (choose of the sound hardware, sound tests, ...).

[…]

> > I forgot ... If I plug an headphone, audio can be heared always.
>
> Resolved with 'options snd-hda-intel model=acer-aspire' on
> '/etc/modprobe.d/dist-alsa.conf' file.

Thank you for the follow up. I still do not understand how PulseAudio
can work for some though and then stops.

Anyway, could you please run the Skript `alsa-info.sh` [2] on your
system and report your issue and solution to the alsa-devel mailing list
[3] or create a ticket in the Linux Kernel bug tracker [4] or in the bug
tracker of your distribution.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_list_netiquette