[pulseaudio-discuss] Interested in contributing to PulseAudio through GSOC 2013

Shuai Fan shuai900217 at 126.com
Tue Apr 16 05:51:05 PDT 2013

On 04/16/2013 05:08 PM, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-04-16 at 15:21 +0800, Shuai Fan wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>      I'd like to introduce myself to the dev community. I am Shuai Fan, a
>> student from Dalian University of Technology, China. And I am interested
>> in working with PulseAudio project in GSOC2013.
>>      I'm interested in the idea "Better JACK Configurability". Maybe I
>> could have a try.
>>      But I have some problems with this project. I downloaded the source
>> code of "pulseaudio" and "pavucontrol" through git repository. however,
>> there is no "configure" in the root folder of pulseaudio. Could you tell
>> me which branch should I merged into my workspace? And how can I get
>> started with this project? Thanks in advance.
> This should help you get started:
> http://colin.guthr.ie/2010/09/compiling-and-running-pulseaudio-from-git/
>
> Cheers,
> Arun

Hello, Arun
     I followed the article and played a song successfully. But, I think
something in that article should be modified.
     The problem is:
         [colin at jimmy build (master)]$ src/pulseaudio -n -F
src/default.pa -p $(pwd)/src/.libs/ -vvvv
     When I did like this, error found:
         Failed to open module
/padev/build/src/.libs/.libs/module-device-restore.so:

     Then I changed the parameter "-p $(pwd)/src/.libs/" to "-p
$(pwd)/src/", It works.
         [colin at jimmy build (master)]$ src/pulseaudio -n -F
src/default.pa -p $(pwd)/src/ -vvvv

     So, I just thought, maybe this command should be changed.

     Thanks very much for guiding me.

Best wishes,
     Shuai