[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio module initialization failed...

aji.kumar at accenture.com aji.kumar at accenture.com
Wed Apr 24 10:18:15 PDT 2013

Hi Tanu,

-----Original Message-----
From: Tanu Kaskinen [mailto:tanu.kaskinen at intel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:37 PM
To: Kumar, Aji
Cc: pulseaudio-discuss at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: Re: [pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio module initialization failed...

On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 13:48 +0000, aji.kumar at accenture.com wrote:
> Hi Tanu,
>
> Thanks.. please find it attached.

Before each "Failed to load module" error there's this:

D: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c: Assertion 'pa_format_info_to_sample_spec(data->format, &ss, &map) == 0' failed at pulsecore/sink-input.c:295, function pa_sink_input_new.

That's a bug that probably has been fixed in more recent PulseAudio
versions.

>>> I did try pulseaudio 3.0 but it was crashing when trying to load "module-alsa-card" so could you suggest a version or approach in which I can avoid the issues in both since I am looking for immediate solution.
>>>Can I take this file from 3.0 and try to integrate the fix into 2.1 version.

Aji.

Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.

Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.