[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio module initialization failed...

Tanu Kaskinen tanu.kaskinen at intel.com
Thu Apr 25 00:35:59 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 17:18 +0000, aji.kumar at accenture.com wrote:
> Hi Tanu,

First of all, would it be possible for you to configure your mail client
to use "normal" quoting? That is, prefix each quoted line with "> ". The
default Outlook quoting style makes it very hard to follow the
discussion when not using the "top-posting" style (and most technical
mailing lists, including this one, strongly discourage top-posting).

So, PulseAudio 3.0 is crashing. Do you have any details about the
crashes? A stack trace would be great.

Backporting the relevant fixes from 3.0 to 2.1 should be possible. I
don't know what the relevant fixes are, though. I wonder if this bug
still exists in current code, because I didn't spot any promising
commits after 2.1 with a quick look at the sink-input.c, format.c and
module-loopback.c history:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/log/src/pulsecore/sink-input.c
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/log/src/pulse/format.c
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/log/src/modules/module-loopback.c

Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki